Tuesday, July 15, 2008

REV : The Woman of "Firsts"


While surfing the cyberspace, I found this link

http://rlinda45.wetpaint.com/page/About+Me

This Article was written by Madam Rosalinda E. Villaseca, Concurrent Regional Director of CDA Davao Extension Office and CDA Administrator representing Mindanao.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is me at 63, a cancer of the breast survivor who is very much alive and active in work at present and in the good hands of JESUS CHRIST. My career is a free wheeling one. I never dreamt of becoming somebody but God placed me where I am now. I was appointed as member of the Board of Administrators of the Cooperative Development Authority last December 7, 2006 representing Mindanao, the Philippines' second biggest island. I took my oath of office on January 8, 2007. I am actually a woman of "firsts": the first to be appointed as a lady Regional Director in the entire CDA taking the baton of leadership of CDA-Kidapawan Extension Office in 1992; under my leadership, the first and so far the only CDA region to put up its own building now known as Cooperative Human Resource and Livelihood Development Center (CHRLDC) cum CDA Region XII headquarters, at no cost from CDA coffers; the first CDA Administrator who rose from the ranks and presently the only career executive officer in the CDA Board of Administrators, and the first and the only officer from CDA who landed a notch in the 9-person finalists of the 2007 Most Outstanding Career Executive Officers (CEOs) by the Career Executive Service Board (CESB). Fondly called by friends and classmates as Rose or Linda, from subordinates as Maam Linda, and from the clan as T-lin or Aunty Lin, I am now in my 3rd decade of public service. I have devoted much of my productive life with the cooperative movement and community development. I am a staunch advocate of commitment to quality service by focusing on institutional policy reforms in the CDA systems and procedures to make it Asia's benchmark of excellence in cooperative supervision and development. Likewise, I am a staunch advocate of legislative reforms on the Cooperative Code of the Philippines and the CDA Charter. I am a humble founder and President of the Mindanao Cooperative Cancer Society, Inc., CDA Employees Mutual Help Assistance Association, Inc. (CEMHAI) and of the ESPRA-APAAP Clan Mutual Help Association, Inc. whose objectives are all geared towards promoting the spirit of self-help, self fund-generation and mutual cooperation. I am proud native of Tubod, Lanao del Norte, Mindanao, Philippines and now presently residing in Kidapawan City and holding office in Davao City.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: